Paradox just sent out a press release announcing a new expansion pack for Victoria (the fatally flawed 19th century sim). No link yet, so I’ll just copy and paste the press release and screenshots after the cut.
Hopefully the “overhauls” include lessons learned from HOI2. Victoria was a fantastic idea married to a completely unplayable economic system. Anyway, I’m looking forward to it.
Paradox Interactive announced today that they are working on an expansion to their history simulation, \’e2\’80\’9cVictoria \’e2\’80\ldblquote An Empire Under the Sun\’e2\’80\’9d. The expansion will be available exclusively through the online retailer Gamersgate.com. \’e2\’80\’9cVictoria \’e2\’80\ldblquote Revolutions\’e2\’80\’9d is scheduled for a release in August 2006, at $9.99/\’e2\’82\’ac9.99.
Upon its release, \’e2\’80\’9cVictoria \’e2\’80\ldblquote An Empire Under the Sun\’e2\’80\’9d was hailed by some critics as the ultimate World Domination and Empire-Building simulation. The new expansion will be in a similar vein while offering several new and exciting features. Among other things, players will be able to link this game to other Paradox games, thus extending the gameplay for both!
\’e2\’80\’9cThis is the first time we release one of our titles exclusively on Gamersgate.com,\’e2\’80\’9d said Susana Meza, Marketing and PR Director of Paradox Interactive. \’e2\’80\’9cThis expansion has been on many of our fans\’e2\’80\’99 wish lists for a long time, and by releasing it solely via download, we can ensure it reaches them as soon as the production team has finished the code.\’e2\’80\’9d
New features of \’e2\’80\’9cVictoria \’e2\’80\ldblquote Revolutions\’e2\’80\’9d include:
- 15 extra years of game play. Lead your nation through the challenging interwar period!
- An expanded tech tree to cover the interwar period, including aircrafts and carriers.
- A DOOMSDAY converter which allows players to continue their game in \’e2\’80\’9cHearts of Iron 2: Doomsday\’e2\’80\’9d.
- A revamped election and politics system, adding a new level of realism to the game.
- An overhauled military system, which will be linked with the player\’e2\’80\’99s policy decisions.
- A new economic system that brings more realism through various economic models.
Screenshots: In Firefox, right click and View Pics. In IE… uh… download Firefox.