So the argument is raging right now: was Epstein's suicide actually self-motivated, or murder?
I don't have an answer (you don't either!) so let's look at the facts.
Case for murder:
- As a prisoner who had attempted to hang himself 3 weeks ago, not putting him on 24/7 suicide watch is outright criminal negligence on the part of the NYPD. (Edit: I'm wrong, Epstein was being held by Federal Bureau of Prisons. Point applies.)
- Epstein was widely rumored to have compromising material including video evidence on the sex crimes (including abuse of children) by many powerful political and business figures
- Epstein was also rumored to be an intelligence asset (no visible source of income, lots of travel all over the world)
Case for suicide:
- Epstein was never going to see the outside of a prison cell for the rest of his life.
- Presumably Epstein was a human being and thus capable of remorse for the monstrous crimes he committed.
Soooooo I got nothin'.